The College Crew introduces college students to the world of business in the Sacramento Region. The program will provide resources to connect you to internship and volunteer opportunities, network with an engaged business community, and help lead you to future employment.
As you learn how to interact with business professionals, you’ll develop the necessary skills to build your confidence and your own professional portfolio. By becoming a member of the College Crew, you’ll have access to opportunities in networking, career development workshops, volunteerism to ensure that you are gaining the skills and making the connections to start a strong foundation for your career.
Our SHCC College Crew Program will guide you from student to young professional to future business professional and industry leader.
– Attend the College Crew Orientation to learn about the SHCC, networking etiquette, and future leadership skills, and career planning.
– Volunteer at the registration desk at a minimum of two networking/educational events that can include a Business Exchange, Workshop, Buenos Dias Meet Up, or Signature Event per annual quarter. The opportunities are plenty to network, learn from professionals, and engage the business community.
– Attend a minimum of 2 career development workshops per year. One offered quarterly.
– Complete a minimum of 20 volunteer hours per year. As a special incentive College Crew members that exceed 20 hours, will be asked to volunteer at our red-carpet Annual Business Awards and Gala that has more than 700 professionals, elected officials and local community celebrities in attendance.
– Only $35 initiation fee and includes SHCC College Crew T-shirt.