LOCAL BUSINESS AND SMALL BUSINESS UTILIZATION PROGRAM
What is the Program?
The Sacramento Kings, City of Sacramento, Turner Construction and local business chambers are committed to ensuring string participation by local businesses enterprises (LBEs) and small business enterprises (SBEs) in the development of the new Sacramento Entertainment and Sports Center (ESC).
As a result, we have set specific performance targets for the project:
- 60% of all biddable work will include participation by LBEs
- 20% of all biddable work will be included participation by SBEs (of which 75% must be local SBEs)
What is a “Local Business Enterprise”?
A business is eligible to participate as an LBE if satisfies both of the following criteria:
- Is a sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability company, corporation, or any other business entity that provides services required for the ESC’s development (e.g. design, construction, and professional services)
- Has held a legitimate business presence for at least twelve consecutive months prior to budding in one of following counties: Sacramento, Yolo, Placer, El Dorado, San Joaquin, Sutter, and Yuba.
What is a “Small Business Enterprise”?
A business is eligible to participate as an SBE if it satisfies any of the following criteria:
- Is a certified small business with the California Department of General Services
- Meets the California’s Small Business Procurement and Contract Act definition of a small Business
- Meets the U.S. Small Business Administration definition of a “small business concern” and its principal office is located, and officers are located, in California.
How do I bid for work on the ESC as an LBE and/or SBE?
Specific details will be outlined in upcoming procurement and bid documents. In addition, the Kings, Turner, City and local businesses chambers are working on additional resources and programs to support and promote LBE and SBE involvement.
This page will be updated in the regular basis for Contractor and Matchmaking Outreach Events:
Subcontractor Outreach Meetings
Wednesday, July 9
Sacramento City Hall
Thursday, September 4
Monday, November 10
Prime/Sub Matchmaking Events
Tuesday, July 1
UTI Sacramento Campus
Tuesday, August 5
UTI Sacramento Campus
Tuesday, October 7
Tuesday, December 9
For more information, go to www.sacramentoesc.com/jobs-contractors.php