EL Futuro Scholarship Application
The SHCC is honored to contribute towards the success of young scholars like yourself. The next application has several different sections, some of them require the applicant to upload an external text file. Please, read carefully before submitting. There are no changes once the application is submitted.
General Eligibility Requirements:
At the time of application, applicants must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Currently enrolled at an eligible high school or currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at a California Community College at the time application.
- Must be of Hispanic origin.
- Must live in the Sacramento Six-County Regional area: Sacramento, El Dorado, Placer, Sutter, Yolo, Yuba counties and their cities.
- Intend to enroll in a four-year college or university or a California Community College (in at least 12 units).
When filling out the scholarship application, please be sure to answer all requests for information and attach all required documents:
- Completed El Futuro Scholarship Application.
- Personal Statement: Explain your educational goals and discuss your career goals.
- Community Involvement/Service: Describe your current and previous high school, college, and community service activities.
- Transcripts: Attach an official transcript of your high school work and any college.
- Letters of Recommendation: Provide two letters of recommendation, preferably from an employer, teacher, counselor, business or community person. The letter should comment on your academic potential, public service, financial need, leadership qualities, and other factors indicating your potential for success.
- Certification: Certify that all the information is true and accurate.
All students selected for awards will be notified and will receive an invitation to the scholarship reception. Details regarding the scholarship reception will be provided in the invitation.
Disbursement of Funds: Scholarship checks are disbursed June 1st, 2018-October 1st, 2018. Students must provide verification of registration (Class Schedule) and still meet scholarship eligibility requirement.
Screening: SBSC Education Committee will determine recipients of scholarship award.
Deadline for Application: In order for your application to be considered, you must submit the application online no later than 11:59 pm on April 29th 2018.
Authorization: By submitting an application, you (The applicant) authorize the chamber to publicize information about the scholarship recipients.
Privacy and Security: The data that we collect from you will only be used for the purpose of determining your eligibility for scholarships, and will be protected from outsiders.
BEFORE SUBMITTING REVIEW THESE IMPORTANT POINTS:
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all materials are received in time. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- All candidates will be notified by email of their application status by May 11th, 2018
- No prior acknowledgements are made to applicants and all notifications are final.
Feel free to contact the SHCC office at 916.486.7700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have on El Futuro Scholarship.
Download the form for the Letter of Recommendation here.