2022 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
(DEADLINE EXTENDED: WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 31, 2022)
Since its inception we have awarded more than $620,000 in scholarships to graduating high school seniors and community college students through El Futuro Scholarship Program. Our program is a workforce development program of the Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Foundation (SACHCC Foundation), a subsidiary of the Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (SACHCC), which maintains as one of its core values, the investment in our future workforce by providing financial support to qualified Latinx students across the Sacramento region.
The 2022 El Futuro Scholarship Program will award several general $1,000 scholarships – number of awards will be determined by the available funds.
This year, applicants pursuing a graduate or local leadership development program, who show exceptional scholastic, leadership, and community involvement will be chosen for the Mayor Joe Serna, Jr. Leadership Award and receive a scholarship award of $3,000.
General Eligibility Requirements. At the time of application, applicant must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Currently enrolled at an eligible high school or currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at a California Community College at the time application.
- Must be of Hispanic/Latinx origin.
- Must live in the Sacramento Six-County Regional area: Sacramento, El Dorado, Placer, Sutter, Yolo, & Yuba counties.
- Intend to enroll in a four-year college or university or a California Community College [in at least 12 units]
Mayor Joe Serna, Jr. Leadership Award Requirements. At the time of application, applicant must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Must be of Hispanic/Latinx origin.
- Must be employed and have at least 2 years of professional experience.
- Currently enrolled at an eligible graduate program at a university or accepted at a local leadership program.
Applicants can submit only one scholarship application, either for El Futuro Scholarship or Mayor Joe Serna Jr. Leadership Award.
- Personal Statement: Please introduce yourself to us. Share what matters to you. Tell us about your goals, interests, and hopes for your future. How will this award help you achieve your goals.
- Community Involvement/Service Statement: Describe your current and previous high school, college, and community service activities (include volunteer work). How has this service impacted you?
- Transcripts: Attach an unofficial transcript of your high school and/or college course work. (Acceptance letter if completing a local leadership program).
- One Letter of Recommendation
DO NOT SUBMIT SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS NOT LISTED ABOVE
Applicants must submit the application and all requested materials to the SACHCC by Wednesday, August 31, 2022.
Applications will be accepted via:
You are encouraged to upload and submit all materials through our scholarship portal. https://www.sachcc.org/scholarship
You may scan all materials and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: (Applicant Name) + 2022 El Futuro Scholarship Application.
You may mail your application to:
Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Foundation
ATT: El Future Scholarship
400 Capitol Mall, 9th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814
DO NOT DROP-OFF YOUR APPLICATION AT THE SACHCC OFFICE.
A special committee of members of the SACHCC and SACHCC Foundation will evaluate and determine recipients of scholarship awards.
All students selected for awards will be notified by August 15, 2022; and will receive an invitation to a El Future Scholarship Celebration. Details regarding the celebration will be provided in the invitation. Students not selected for a scholarship will receive a written notification via email.
Scholarship checks are disbursed August-October 2022. Students must provide verification of registration (a class schedule), program enrollment, or leadership program acceptance/schedule. Scholarships will not be held for use at a later date/school cycle.
By applying, you (the applicant) authorize the Chamber to publicize your name, and picture in the event you are awarded a scholarship.
The data that we collect from you will only be used for the purpose of determining your eligibility for scholarships and will be protected from third parties.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all materials are provided with the application.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Double check the provided checklist.
- You may submit only one application.
- Regardless of the submission method (portal, email, or mail), No changes can be accepted after submitting your application.
- No prior acknowledgements are made to applicants and all notifications are final.
- Certification: By signing or submitting the application the applicant certifies that all information is true and accurate.
- Statements MUST be kept to 750 words or less.